How to Change Your Preferred First Name

Employees who go by something other than their legal first name can provide a preferred first name by accessing Banner via myState and editing their Directory settings. Directions can be found below.

Enrolled Students who wish to change their preferred first name will need to contact the Office of the Registrar at 662-325-2023 to do so. Admitted but not yet enrolled students will need to contact the Office of Admissions at 662-325-2224 to change their preferred first name.

Changing preferred first name (Employees only)

1. Log in to myState ( with your NetID and NetPassword.

2. Under Apps & Services, click Banner.

2. Navigate to Personal Information and click on Update Your Directory & Address Information.

3. Click on Edit.

4. Enter your preferred name in the Preferred First Name field.

5. Click Save

100% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 1903
Fri 7/15/22 4:14 PM
Thu 10/27/22 8:35 AM